Thursday, March 26, 2015

Assignment #4 - Ashley Frehner


I used a picture I took in Cordoba to create a travel ad of sorts for the city. The architecture there is really beautiful and I feel like the bridge exhibits this. The color palette I incorporated in editing the photo includes various shades and tints of the sandy colored bridge and is also used in the word "Cordoba." I placed and sized the words in the upper left hand corner just so, so that the copy and portion of the bridge in the lower left corner would balance out. I cropped some of the building in the lower left corner out so that the leading lind of the bridge would move the eyes across the pages to the castle/bridge structure at the end and then to the city and hills behind it and above.

Keith Hubert - Boys Are Back in Town
Ruben Felix - Ventura, California Postcard
Andrew Forrest - Composition
Keriann Roe - Assignment #4
Charlotte Duerden - Assignment 4

6 comments:

  1. Very sophisticated font choices - the colors, placement, and integration are superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the color choices for your font! And I think you did a good job of making the text in the bottom right discrete enough, yet visible enough. Nice job on the spread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The font totally matches the theme you are trying to create here, also I want to say that I like the text box in the bottom right, small enough to not take over, big enough to draw some attention to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. It makes me want to go here. But instead, I get to study for finals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I served my mission hear and you really did the place justice! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this because the picture speaks for itself. The text is not distracting but rather blends in with the picture and just creates a aesthetically pleasing image. I want to go to Spain so bad!

    ReplyDelete