Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Collin Gingrich, Assignment 4


For this project I decided to use a somewhat deconstructionist layout. I took a photograph from my trip to Juneau this summer and edited it to look like a water color painting and then used different brush strokes in photoshop to give the picture an abstract and adventurous feel. I used bright colors to draw the eye to different parts of the picture. The text I used is from The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, and I chose a simple font so that it would not detract from the picture.

I commented on James Birdsall, Dakota Williams, Mandy Facer, Carrie Duford, and CC Keller.

9 comments:

  1. Very interesting feel. I want to see more of the location and maybe that's the reason that you framed it as you did, to create desire. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this just looks cool. it has a weird vibe, but im totally diggin it. cool pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this picture is fantastic. The composition has so many details and elements that work so well together. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This picture is so cool! I love how visually different and appealing this entire image is. The only recommendation I have for this is to try a different font. It doesn't seem to flow as well with the image, but everything else looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely the coolest collage on here. It definitely looks like you put the time in and it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this, i love kayaking so it appealed to me. Very earthy outdoorsy and adventurous feel, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the idea, the way you make it look like a painting its awesome! Loved the colors as well

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this picture a lot because i worked in Juneau all summer and it was cool seeing some familiar sights. I like the idea of the painting and the quote is pretty awesome as well. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think yours just looks really cool. It's fun to look at, I like the color, and it was done in a professional yet artistic way. Really nice job.

    ReplyDelete