Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Assignment 2 - M'Leah Ricker - fearLESS

I picked a couple of pictures from a year back and chose to use the word "fearless," because it's one of my very favorite words. I used Simplified Arabic Fixed as my font - it's strong, yet still soft. As I looked to portray the opposite of fear - which is weak and harsh - I felt like the font worked perfectly. The word "fear" is shadowed underneath and is reminiscent of the picture on the left because I'm literally looking at my fear: the water, as it reflects back up. The word "LESS" is open, literally using less of the letter. You can read it as fearless, the adjective, or fear LESS, a call to action.

10 comments:

  1. I think this is awesome, with the two pictures and how the words go across the two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two different types of text seem to pose some differentiation. Should I fear less, or be fearless. Either way, its up to me to become a better person. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the double meaning here. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool with the two pictures and the white space at the bottom corner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome. I personally liked the fonts that you used especially the less because it is empty reflecting the absence of fear. I think the white space comment from the critique today is based on a different intended setting. For example, I see this as a poster or motivational piece on a wall, basically two pieces without any white. The white just comes with it being posted on the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually really like the way you split it into two frames. It gave it movement and development. Good font choice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this image and the fact that you used two photos in this image to portray action, the font fits well with the theme too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the split of the frames and how the fear picture is smaller and the jump is larger. It seems as though the "Less" portion stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a sweet image. I think it sends a powerful message about fear and how it can prevent us from experiencing some awesome things in life. The font choice is really good because it almost sends two different messages. "Fearless" describes the girl jumping. And it's also a message to all of us that we should "fear less".

    ReplyDelete