Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Assignment #1 - Hannah Childs - Never Forgotten



Everyone remembers where they were on 9/11. September 11th is a day that will never be forgotten in the hearts of Americans. The people who died and those who continue to fight and die for our country will never be forgotten. I took this picture at the BYU football game on September 11th. This picture has more than one emotion. The main emotions I want to point out from this picture are the feelings of somber and hope. The somber feeling comes from the darkening around the flag. It sends the message that many people are putting their lives on the line daily so the American people can raise the flag. It is a reminder to the American people to never forget what price has to be paid for freedom.The light on the left corner of the picture brings in the feeling of hope. Hope that one day we will live in a world without war. It also shows hope to Americans that one day the fight for freedom will come to an end. I hope we will always remember the somber past and use it to bring a brighter light to a hopeful future.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this picture is stunning! Such a great reminder of how blessed we are to live in freedom. I'm so grateful to live in the United States and even more grateful for those that protect our country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I think everyone feels pretty solemn about September 11th, but I just love how you captured the entire mood of the audience. Everyone looks still and the flag is the main focus. I like how it kind of eludes to the fact that America is what draws us together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This photo has great composition! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This picture represents freedom. I love this picture. The big American flag is really cool. Go Cougs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this picture. It made me remember where I was on September 11th

    ReplyDelete